Organsing Committee Member
University of Georgia
Brian Oyegbile’s research focuses on the use of probabilistic and statistical tools for long-term performance modeling and risk assessment of infrastructure, including the subsequent quantification of resilience. He has investigated time-dependent bridge element interactions, referred to as coactiveness, in predicting bridge performance resulting from preventive maintenance, rehabilitation, or replacement (MRR) activities; dynamic analysis of structures, sensitivity analysis of bridge health index to depreciation of critical bridge elements, and tools for bridge asset valuation. He earned his Ph.D. in Engineering, with a focus on Infrastructure Resilience Systems, from the University of Georgia; a Master of Science in Structural Engineering – Analysis and Design of Earthquake Resistant Structures – from the National Technical University of Athens. Dr. Oyegbile is currently engaged within Caltrans statewide research efforts to optimize short- and long-term funding plans for improving the resilience of transportation infrastructure.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Engineering - Infrastructure Resilience System Emphasis (2020)
University of Georgia - Athens, GA, U.S.A
Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Structural Engineering (2012)
National Technical University of Athens - Athens, Greece
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Civil Engineering (2009)
University of Ibadan - Ibadan, Nigeria
• Oyegbile, O. B., & Chorzepa, M. G. (2021, May). Coactive Prioritization and a Novel Game Theory Model for Bridge Life-cycle Analysis. Engineering Mechanis Institute Conference and Probabilistic Mechanics & Reliability Conference, Columbia University [virtual], United States.
• Invited speaker
o Oyegbile, O. B., & Chorzepa, M. G. (2021, July). Performance of Bridges in the U.S. State of Georgia: Analysis of 25-year NBI Inspection Records. Global Summit on Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering, Bercelona, Spain.
• Invited seminar
o Development of Depreciation Models and Coactive Prioritization Strategy to Enhance Long-term Bridge Performance: Purdue University Lyles School of Civil Engineering, West Lafayette, IN (2021, April).
• Oyegbile, A. B., Oyegbile, O. B., & Akdogan, G. (2020). The role of micro vortex in the environmental and biological processes. In Vortex Dynamics. IntechOpen.
• Oyegbile, O. B., & Chorzepa, M. G. (2020). A strategic move for long term bridge performance within a game theory framework by a data-driven co-active mechanism. Infrastructures, 5(10): 1-22.
• Oyegbile, O. B., Chorzepa, M. G., Durham, S. A., & Kim, S. S. (2020). Novel prioritization mechanism to enhance long-term performance predictions for bridge asset management. Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, 35(1): 04020133.
• Oyegbile, O. B., & Chorzepa, M. G. (2020). Co-Active prioritization by means of contingency tables for analyzing element-level bridge inspection results and optimizing returns. Infrastructures, 5(2): 1-24.
• Oyegbile, O. B., Oyegbile, A. B., & Sørensen, K. K. (2019). Surface modification and stabilization of kaolin part 1: effects of CTAC-PP fiber composites. Materials Research Innovations, 23(7), 427-439.
• Chorzepa, M. G., & Oyegbile, O. B. (2019). Development of bridge depreciation models utilizing the NBI condition ratings over the past 25 years; Report No. FHWA-GA-1830; University of Georgia: Athens, GA, U.S.A.
• Chorzepa, M. G., Durham, S. A, Kim, S. K., & Oyegbile, O. B. (2019). Bridge asset valuation utilizing condition states obtained from element-based inspection inventories and depreciation models over the life cycle of the assets; Report No. FHWA-GA-19-1728; University of Georgia: Athens, GA, U.S.A.
• Oyegbile, O. B., & Oyegbile, B. A. (2017). Applications of geosynthetic membranes in soil stabilization and coastal defense structures. International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment, 6(2), 636-662.
• Oyegbile, B. A., Hoff, M., Adonadaga, M., & Oyegbile, O. B. (2017). Experimental analysis of the hydrodynamics, flow pattern and wet agglomeration in rotor-stator vortex separators. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 5(3), 2115-2127.
• Oyegbile, B. A., & Oyegbile, O. B. (2017). Preliminary assessment of soil contamination by trace metals in peri-urban municipal landfills in Ibadan, Nigeria. F1000Research, 6(871), 871.
• Oyegbile, O. B., & Ayininuola, G. M. (2013). Laboratory studies on the influence of crude oil spillage on lateritic soil shear strength: A case study of Niger Delta Area of Nigeria. Journal of Earth Sciences and Geotechnical Engineering, 3(2): 73-83.
• Olutoge, F. A., Adeniran, K. M., & Oyegbile, O. B. (2013). The ultimate strength behaviour of laterised concrete beam. Science Research 1(3): 52-58.
• Oyegbile, O. B., Olutoge, F. A., & Tat, T.N. (2012). Management of building collapse in Nigeria: A lesson from earthquake-triggered building collapse in Athens, Greece. Management, 2(6): 36-42.